Learn More Today
Axiom Materials is dedicated to providing excellence in the quality of our materials, products and service while conforming to our customer’s unique specifications and requirements.
AS9100D is the most up-to-date standard set forth by the International Aerospace Quality Group (IAQG). In the global aerospace market, suppliers must rise to the challenge of meeting or exceeding regulatory and statutory requirements in producing safe, reliable products.
Laboratory Testing Capabilities
- Prepreg resin content (various methods)
- Prepreg gel time
- Prepreg volatile content
- Prepreg resin flow
- Laminate thickness / hardness
- Laminate density
- Laminate void content
- Laminate porosity
- Laminate Resin Content
- Laminate Porosity
- Laminate or Adhesive Moisture Absorption
- Adhesive Expansion
- Platen Presses (5) up to 24”x24”
- Vacuum bag oven 3’x3’x2’
- Sintering Furnaces (4)
- Humidity Chamber
- Lab Autoclave, curing up to 400°F / 250 PSI (coming soon)
- RDS / Dynamic viscosity
- DSC / Calorimetry
- FTIR / Chemical Analysis
- Moisture Content
- Extraction / Filtration
- Muffle Furnaces
- ASTM D3039 & D638 – Tensile strength, modulus & poisson’s ratio
- ASTM D1002 – Single Overlap Shear Strength
- ASTM C297 – Flatwise tensile strength
- ASTM D695 & D6641, SACMA SRM1 – Compression strength & modulus
- ASTM D6484 – Open hole compression
- ASTM D790 – Flexural strength & modulus
- ASTM D3518 – In plane shear strength & modulus
- ASTM D2344 – Interlaminar shear (short beam shear) strength
- ASTM D1876 – T-peel
- ASTM D3167 – Floating roller peel
- ASTM C273 – Sandwich Shear Strength
- ASTM C393 – Sandwich Beam Flexure
- ASTM D953 – Bearing strength
- ASTM D1781 – Climbing Drum Peel
- ASTM D3762 – Wedge Test
- ASTM D3528 – Double Lap Shear Strength
- ASTM D3846 – In-Plane (Double-Notch Shear) Shear Strength
- ASTM D6272 – Flexural Strength by Four-Point Bending
- ASTM E990 – Tube Shear Strength
- ASTM D952 – Bond Strength of Sheet Plastics
Customer Satisfaction Survey
What we do
Axiom Materials, Inc., is a progressive composite materials manufacturer founded with the intention of combining a quality prepreg, adhesive, and ancillary composite products platform with customer-focused service and forward-thinking design.
Our reputation for agility and flexibility sets us apart in our industry. We work closely with clients across the globe in aerospace, military, automotive, industrial, sports and medical industries to create exceptional, next-generation solutions.
Axiom Materials, Inc. is AS9100D and ISO90012015 certified.
Kordsa acquired Axiom Materials, Inc in 2019. For more about Kordsa..
News & events
Background - Design and Build with Axiom Materials
Axiom Materials, Inc., is a progressive manufacturer of composite materials used to design and build some of the world’s most complex, highly engineered products. Our materials provide heat ...
Oct 21, 2020
Axiom, a specialist in the development and supply of oxide/oxide CMC prepregs for aerospace and industrial applications, is to develop a line of carbon/SiC and SiC/SiC composite intermediates under license from JST (Japan Science and Technology ...
Jul 28, 2020
Axiom Materials is pleased to announce a cooperative program with Wichita State University’s National Institute of Aviation Research (NIAR) for the development of test techniques and data on our Oxide-Oxide ceramic matrix composite (CMC) prepreg ...
Aug 06, 2018
We’ve signed a lease for an additional 16,000 SF of space near our Santa Ana, CA facility for additional manufacturing, inventory, and technical / laboratory space. We look forward to building out the area for additional capacity and infrastructure.
Mar 01, 2018
We are proud to announce the addition of a dedicated Unidirectional Hot Melt Film Coating Machine to produce up to 25” wide unidirectional prepreg capable of producing fiber areal weights down to 60 gsm with on-line slitting capabilities.
Dec 01, 2017
Our process engineering team helped design and install a more accurate resin coater head for Hot Melt Machine #2 to achieve improved areal weight consistency for our film adhesives and prepregs.
Nov 23, 2017